First Presbyterian Church of Newark seeks an Office Administrator as a part-time employee who reports to the Pastor/Head of Staff and has a working relationship with its boards, committees, and members.
The principal responsibilities are:
- Manage incoming mail and telephone correspondence by directing it to the appropriate recipients and responding to general requests for information.
- Oversee and coordinate paid and volunteer office help.
- Working with the Building Committee, scheduling facilities for inside and outside groups, and maintaining the online calendar of events.
- Administer federal background checks for staff and volunteers.
- Contact the IT systems vendor for problems and issues the office cannot resolve. Set up new users in the system.
- Prepare the weekly bulletin, proofread, copy, and deliver to the sanctuary.
- Prepare weekly announcements (print and electronic), the monthly newsletter, and bulk mailings.
- Assure printed materials are accurate and current.
- Maintain website events, pages, updates, and outside publication areas (e.g., Presbytery).
- Assure the contracted maintenance of all office equipment.
- Maintain the inventory of office and hospitality supplies.
- Program the HVAC system when the custodian is not available.
- Working with the Clerk of Session, prepare and distribute the Annual Report to the congregation.
- Set up new recurring Zoom meetings.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Proficiency with Microsoft Publisher is highly desirable
- Proficiency with such Internet applications as Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, and WordPress
- Sufficient IT proficiency in managing FPC’s digital platforms
- Fluent conversational ability if English is a second language
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is part-time, initially estimated at 20 hours/week. Benefits are not included. Two weeks of vacation per year
To apply or to seek more information, call the church office at 302-731-5644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org