THE NEWARK PARTNERSHIP
PART-TIME BOOKKEEPER JOB DESCRIPTION
Salary Range: $20-30/hour
Nature of Work:
The Newark Partnership is a 501c3 nonprofit organization working to make Newark, DE the best place to live, work, and visit. Our Bookkeeper is an integral part of our team, responsible for maintaining our financial records, including purchases, membership sales, receipts and payments. The Bookkeeper works closely with our Executive Director to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance..
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Executive Director and Treasurer of the Board, TNP’s Bookkeeper is responsible for following:
- Maintain all financial transactions for TNP in the Quick Books Online Accounting Program. This includes the checking, money market, and credit card accounts held at Fulton Bank and Paypal.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of all accounts.
- With the Executive Director’s permission (written or verbal), the Bookkeper will write and sign all requested and required checks.
- Prepare monthly reports in time for TNP Board’s meeting. Print out statements from Fulton Bank on the first of the month and complete report (bank reconciliations, profit and loss, balance sheet and budget vs actual).
- Follow credit card payment policy- share statement with ED and Treasurer for approval prior to payment; share statement with notes indiciating budget line item.
- Retrieve all materials from the post office box. Distribute to Board members and ED as needed.
- Provide reporting necessary for Tax Preparer.
- Be accessible to Board for questions and needs.
- Time sheets will be submitted to Executive Director and Treasurer for approval.
- Answer any questions/reports needed from vendors, pay all invoices in a timely manner.
- Have weekly phone meetings with Executive Director.
- After receiving hours from Executive Director, set monthly payroll in motion and write contractor checks.
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online and Excel
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
- Connection to Newark, Delaware preferred
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.